Thursday, August 9, 2012

Friendship on Terms?

So, I have (or should I use had) this great and interesting friend, but a new one. We became friends about, say, a month or so back. But we became real good friends( that’s what i like to think). I could talk to him about anything under the sun, my problems, whims and fancies, secrets, work, the novel I’m reading and what do i think about it...almost anything; Ahh and not to forget about my non- stop complaining. In fact, once when I was feeling very low he was up till 2am or later maybe, chatting with me...trying to lift my spirit.

He on his part has told me his secrets and sometimes his stories, but his stories are always nameless. So all in all I thought we are pretty good friends... but guess i was wrong.

Wrong because, I think, good friends can talk to each other on the phone, whenever they like (ofcourse when both are free) about anything. They need not have some special, urgent reasons to call each other, considering they are so comfortable talking to each other on chat (BBM).

I don’t know what to think of it when a friend says – Don’t call me. I don’t like talking on the phone, unless it is urgent. Dude, i would rather call police or hospital if it is really urgent!

Anyway, my idea of friendship is not chatting through messages but being able to call each other about any stupid thing, being able to update each other about anything in whatever mode. How can a friendship really flourish if you are going to shackle it? If you are going to have as irrational terms as no phone calls?

But more than anything, I want to know why talking on the phone is wrong and chatting through messenger is not? What answer do you have Mr Unreasonable? Because, it’s not that you really don’t like talking on the phone...when i know half the time you are on phone either interviewing people or talking to, what you call them, your sources!!

Anyway, if talking on the phone is so wrong then may be chatting is equally wrong and so is our friendship.

Now there goes another attempt at having a lifelong healthy friendship!!

2 comments:

  1. LOLZ :D

    Tried to get into something expecting NOTHING in return, ever ? Its fun. Try it ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, Honestly, Never! But then,i know, saint me wont last for long...so why try to be someone i am not:D

    ReplyDelete