Friday, April 26, 2013

I Can Do This and That Too


What could have possibly seeded this oppressive feeling in me? Never in life have I hated my job, well I might have, but the degree is far more acute this time. I gave it my best and now, I think, it behoves me to wave goodbye to my job and accept, with my head held high, that its shade was a bit too colorful for my sensitive soul. 

So what am i going do now, actually, I have been spending a little too much time to hate, curse, and find faults with what I-have-been-doing than to give a serious thought to what-should-I. However, the hating and cursing period is over, as I can’t increase the degree of hate or invent new cuss words.  So, to start with let’s list down the alternative career options I have now:

11)      Photography: Must find out if there is any age limit to this things, what are my chances of becoming a pro, and MONIES…will I ever be able to make money out of this? And what sort of photography. Animals? Poor, sad people- cry or begging at the traffic lights. Will I be able to go home and get a sound sleep, after spending a day waiting for the saddest moments around for the perfect shot? Nah! I don’t think so. I am meant to click the beautiful landscapes, run around in leather booths and khakhi shorts in African-Jungles. By the way, what are the statistics around photographer coming to the safety of cities from African-jungles?

22)      Writing: what kind of writing, don’t thing the kind of post I am writing is much in demand…nobody even reads it. Gah! You all blighted souls, you rotten people, why can’t you spend one minute and hit the like button? Talk about a kind world!

33)      House wife: will my husband pay me INR 50k as pocket money? I am even ready to accept cuts in the current salary that I am getting; how many people accept a new job at a salary cut? But still chances are that bleak that I shouldn’t even have wasted one minute typing this option.

44)      Join TV: is there any opening in balaji production, yes yes I am alluding to dear Ekta Kapoor. Fat chances I see for myself in one of those saas bahu  kahanees. All I need to do is to cry my eyes out and sleep in bloody heavy party-wear saree and 20 layers of makeup. I am up for it, if you have a place for a 32 year old woman madam.

55)      Open a tea-Maggie stall: Now this is the most alluring career option I can think of. It keeps coming back to me in the small hours of morning and long hours of dark night like a boomerang.  The original idea is to open this quaint, little stall in some tourists- hit mountains of Himachal, but looking at the circumstances I can make a small change in plan and open chia-coffee shop here in city. Nah! Just the mere thought of it has wrenched the fun and attractiveness out of the idea. This has to happen in white-grey cloud laden, lush green, smoky and cold mountains.

66)      Travelling: how does one fetch around a job, where all one has to do is to travel and enjoy it? Sigh! Have I relapsed into day dreaming…got to wake myself up! Pheww…age is getting on to me faster than I expected it to.

Here, the list has already ended and I haven’t even decided on which of the above should I look at seriously (option 3 and 5 are anyway out as of now).It looks like at the end of this vacation, which is the next Monday, I will be back in office and slogging like an ass with no time to fritter on any such ideas.  But till then I can spend every waking minute, I have, to conjure up some fabulous idea to save myself from aging a year every day!  Because I have started to notice this conspicuous feeling of running away from the routine I have been living for too long now. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice to read your blog after a long time. Definitely you will make a good writer if you stop using the words like ass, castration etc. I guess you can do a better job writing something related to history with some bit of research. Heard William Dalrymple? Or better take up teaching.
    Greetings,
    Bye
    K.Srikiran
    Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear K,

    Thanks for such a cute comment.:)

    ReplyDelete